Z-Push is an open source, HTTP-based ActiveSync protocol that allows users to sync emails, contacts and calendars to multiple mobile devices in real time using PHP.
For assistance with the setup of Z-Push, please see the tutorial video links below:
To configure an iPhone to check a Microsoft Exchange or Z-Push email account:
- Press the Settings icon.
- Press Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Under Accounts, press Add Account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange as the email service provider.
- Enter your Email, Domain, Username and Password for the account, then pressNext.
By default, the iPhone will attempt to use an encrypted connection to the server and will attempt to validate the certificate. Since our server is not configured to use SSL, we receive a "Cannot Verify Server Identity" message.Press Continue to accept the certificate anyway. Using SSL for email only encrypts the connection between the client and the server, not the mail relayed between mail servers.
- Enter the name of the Server and press Next.
Since our server is not configured to use SSL, the attempt to connect the account will fail.You will receive an "Exchange Account" message. Click OK.
- Press Save.
- You will then want to turn off SSL for the connection to your account. If your server has a SSL certificate installed and the account is configured to use it, you will not need to complete the remaining steps of this tutorial.
- Press Exchange and select the email account.
- Press Account Info.
- Toggle Use SSL switch to off.
- Press Done.
Your iPhone is now configured to check email for a Microsoft Exchange or Z-push email account.
To configure an Android device to check a Microsoft Exchange or Z-Push email account:
- Press the Email icon.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Enter your Password.
- Press the Manual Setup button.
- For type of account, select Exchange.
- Enter your Domain/Username (typically, the domain portion can be left blank and username is the same as your email address).
- Since our server is not configured to use SSL, uncheck the Use Secure Connection option. Using SSL for email only encrypts the connection between the client and the server, not mail relayed between mail servers.
- Press Next.
- Under Amount to synchronize, select an amount.
- Press the Next button.
- Enter a name for the account (optional), and then press Done.
You can now view your messages from your Android device by pressing the Email icon.
To Manage Accounts or Setup Additional Accounts:
- Press the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and press Accounts & sync.
- Press Add account to cofigure a new account or select an existing account to manage settings.
For more information on Z-Push, please see the following links: